The Invisible War
By Chip Ingram
– Be aware of the battle. Don’t ignore the existence but don’t play with it either.
– There’s a visible world just as there is an invisible world. 2 Kings 6:16 – Ephesians 6:10-20 — first tells us to be strong in the Lord. Next we are to put on the full armor of God.
– We are involved in the invisible war.
– You have a personal enemy. He wants to destroy you and make you miserable.
– I Peter 5:8 — the devil tempts us and then makes us dwell on the guilt, he’s trying to destroy us.
– Before we can turn to and depend on the sufficiency of Christ, we must understand our own insufficiency.
– We are to understand that our enemy is strong, but we are not to be preoccupied thinking about him.
– God puts limitations on the devil. He is on a leash held by our Father so we have no reason to live in fear.
– We do not fight for victory, we fight from victory. In Christ we are victorious and invincible in Him.
– We fight on every front but the good thing is that Jesus is our strength.
– Sometimes God’s greatest blessings are preceded by the worse attacks.
– You have to choose between fear and faith.
– The devil makes us doubt God and our identity in God. It starts with that and from there he leads us down a dark path.
– We are to renew our minds. The reason that God is so concerned about our minds is because that is a central area the devil loves to attack.
– Power falls where prayer prevails.
– Pray ACTS: