How to Write a Book this Weekend
By Vic Johnson
– You can have an interview with two experts on any subject and write a book about that.
– You can write a book in a reporters style.
– There are books on how-to, informational, and there are fictional books that are just interesting. You can write “how-to” books in an interesting way.
– Find a quiet spot where you will not be interrupted when you are writing a book.
– Pick the topic of the book. Make an outline of the book. Record yourself like you are interviewing yourself about the topic. After you have made the recording, you will have the main substance for your book. Of course it will need polishing, but your main information is in that recording.
– When you read something that you find interesting, put it into a file that you can later use when you want to write a book on that subject.
– You can add a quote at the beginning of the chapter and a to-do list at the end of the chapter.
– Use multiple proofreaders at the end of your book and find a good editor who will keep the book uniform and in your voice.
– You can dictate your book on audio program and then have it transcribed. You could have someone interview you if you prefer, just speak and recorded yourself or use recorded lessons that you have taught.
– Have a title page, copyright page, index page and in “about the author” page. Also do not forget to include your contact info, links to your blogs or websites, free offers, other books, etc.
– One of the most important things about a book is the title. Find the title. Another important thing about your book is the design, have a well designed cover.