Found: God’s Will
By John MacArthur Salvation
— God’s will begins at salvation.
– God’s will is that men be saved and we are the vehicles to share that with the world. Spirit Filled — Christians being filled with His Spirit is His Will
– When you are saved, you receive the Holy Spirit but to what degree that God is active in your life depends on you as an individual. You must yield your life to the Holy Spirit.
– When you’re close to Jesus you can do so much more and go so much further.
– The Spirit filled life is nothing more than living in the conscious presence of Christ.
– Ephesians 5:18 – we are to be controlled by an under the influence of the Spirit instead of controlled by an under the influence of wine.
– The more you read the Bible, the more you will know the Bible. The only way you can be Spirit minded is to saturate yourself in the Word. Sanctification – being pure – 1 Thessalonians 4:3
– Sex is a good thing. You are not to avoid sex, you are to avoid sexual sins. Sex is a beautiful thing from God, but only with your spouse.
– Control your body — I Thes 4:4 – A holy man is an awesome weapon in the hands of God Submit – I Peter 2:15-18
– Submit to the authorities God has given you.
– I Peter 2:15 — submit and live in a way that will not bring reproach on name of Christ.
– Don’t hide your maliciousness under the cloak of your liberty — I Peter 2:17
– Submit to your boss at work, government and every authority God has placed in your life.
– I Timothy 3:10 — the preacher should be a man under submission.
– Only exception of not obeying law of the land is when it goes against what God commands.
– Some came to Jesus saying they wanted to follow Christ (Luke 9:57-58) but He wanted them to know that suffering is part of the Christian life… not all easy.
– I Peter 5:10 – All will have to take up their cross.
– I Peter 3:17 — but suffer not because of our attitude or own fault but for Christ’s sake.
– I Peter 4:14-15 — don’t suffer as a bad doer but as a Christian
– II Timothy 3:12 – Evangelism is not just the preacher’s job, it is your job. Not passing out a tract but living and talking about the Lord.
– Colossians 1:24
– Galatians 6:17
– Willing to confront the world and stand for what is right.
Do whatever you Want
– If you are living for the Lord and walking with Him as previously mentioned, than do whatever you want because your desires are coming from the Lord.
– Psalm 37:4
– Once you are the right person, you will do the right thing. God gives you desires when you are obeying Him.
– God’s Will is not a place but you as a person being who God wants you to be.