The One Thing
by Gary Keller
– It is better to do one thing good instead of a lot of things bad.
– We are bombarded with more choices today than our ancestors had in a lifetime.
– Successful companies have one thing that they are really good at and that is what makes them who they are.
– Achievers do earlier what others wait to do later.
–Multitasking is a lie, it doesn’t really work. When you try to do two things at the same time, you usually get neither of them done. Multitasking is not efficient, it is inefficient.
– Success is about doing the one thing right, but still doing a bunch of things.
– Success is not a balanced life, it is about having purpose in your life.
– Live with purpose.
– If you’re always searching for the next biggest or best thing, it will never let you be happy.
– Live with priority every day.
– Live for productivity. Finish what you were supposed to finish and then move onto the next thing.
– Time block. Block out time to get done what needs to be done.
– Get an accountability partner.
– Take care of your health or you won’t live long.
– Keep a positive attitude.