by Tony Evans
– Intimacy is much more than physical touch or bodily fluid exchange — if that’s all it was then prostitutes would be the most intimate people on the planet.
– Sex was created to inaugurate a covenant and renew it.
– Sex was not born in Hollywood, it was birthed in heaven; it was God’s idea, not man’s idea.
– Sex is part of your God-given DNA, so when you get saved you do not ask God to take the sex drive away rather to not let it be your master.
– You cannot expect to enjoy sex as God intended it to be if you go outside the rules God placed for sex.
– Sex is like a fire; contained in the fireplace keeps everyone warm, but let the fire free and the whole house will burn down.
– You do not have to be controlled by your passions. God has given an outlet for the sexual passion through marriage.
– Sex is more than just physical, it is also spiritual. You cannot be sexually active and do whatever you want and expect it not to affect you. As a Christian, you do not belong to yourself, you belong to Christ and your body is a temple of the Lord (1 Cor. 6:20).
– You cannot play with temptations and expect not to be hurt; whether you do so physically, visually or emotionally, it will hurt you. Flee from temptations!
– Joseph had the temptation and opportunity to sin, but he did not want to sin against God. The Bible does not say that he considered the offer, counseled what to do or even argued, he just ran. He lost his shirt over the deal, and it cost him dearly to take the stand, but he fled.
– Sexual sin, like all other sins, is primarily against God.
– God places a high price of importance on virginity and sexual purity, but since this is anti-cultural then we must decide that we are going to follow God and not the culture.
– God created sex and he has a right to define it. Any definition of sex that leaves God out is not the right definition.
– In most cases, when people say they have a sexual problem in their marriage, it is really not a sexual problem but an intimacy problem, a problem in their relationship.