by James C. Hunter
– Many don’t quit their jobs, they quit their bosses — no longer listen to, respect or allow to influence.
– Leadership is not management, it’s influence.
– Management is what you do; leadership is what you are.
– Do you leave things better than you found them? We all leave a mark, so leave a good one.
– Leadership is a skill. You have to move principals from their head to their heart.
– Leadership is not about style and personalities, it is about character.
– 99% of leadership failures are from lack of character
– Listening is an important quality in leadership.
– Power erodes relationships. People do few things because you have power, rather because you have influence over him.
– All of life is relational. Good leaders understand the importance of relationships and how to relate to others.
– At the core of every person is the need to be appreciated.
– Commitment is important for a leader, whether he sees fruit or not.
– Everything the leader does sends a message to others.
– Those who follow the crowd will not have a crowd that follow them.
– Treat those whom you lead like you’d want to be treated – the golden rule.