by Gary Vaynerchuk
– How passionate are you? Are you passionate enough to think about it at night and all throughout the day?
– The author lives by three basic rules:
1. Love your family.
2. Work hard.
3. Live your passion.
You don’t live for vacations or count the amount of hours you work, you love doing what you’re doing.
– Passion is contagious.
– The best communicators win.
– Can you tell a story?
– Tell me what you like and love. Persuade me that I should be interested and use/like what you are offering. If you can convince me, you will have me and then I will bring my friends; where me and my friends go, our money also goes and your business becomes stronger.
– Everyone wants to make $1 million overnight. Building a business, platform, and a name for your brand is not a sprint but a marathon. You can’t do it in 20 minutes, it’s going to take years and hard work.
– The biggest business in almost every business is the customer service, you are serving your customers.
– Use social media to build your brand. In the past, people paid big bucks on what you can do for free right now if you will use social media.
– Word-of-mouth is how you build businesses.
– Be authentic and be professional. Don’t be fake.
– Invest in important stuff, it’s worth the price.
– Hard work is going to have to be a cornerstone of your success. You can be talented, but if you don’t work hard, you will be outworked by someone else.
– You might want more time and flexibility and think that working for yourself is what you want, but if you’re going to go anywhere, you better work hard. If you thought your last boss was rough, your new boss (you) has to be a slave driver!
– No one makes big money or is successful by mediocre work.
– Remember that you have to keep putting in before you can ever take out or you will stop growing.
– Be reactionary and respond to the changes and needs in our society and you will be successful.
– Legacy is more important than currency. Maybe you can make more money, but are you proud and will you want to be remembered by how you did it? If not, don’t do it.
– Successful entrepreneurs are like good chess players, they can see what’s going to happen and they are prepared.
– Every person has their own personal brand.
– What is your personal brand?
– Do you know your passion and can you talk about it as good as or better than almost anyone else?
– Find people who are talking about your topic and connect with them.
– Be creating content constantly. Put out good content about things you love.