- Are you faithful to your local church (regular weekly services as well as any special services such as conferences)?
- Do you participate in evangelism in your local church as well as in your personal life?
- Have you ever lead anyone to a saving knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ?
- Are you involved in one or more ministries in your local church?
- Have you ever built a Sunday School class or another ministry to the point that your pastor and church family can clearly see God’s hand is on you?
- Have you ever discipled anyone to the point that they are now serving faithful in church?
- Can you stand-alone spiritually or do you need to be pumped up and propped up spiritually?
- Do you have a problem finishing what you start?
- Have you ever read your Bible completely (from Genesis to Revelation) at least one time? It is surprising that many want to enter into the ministry to teach others the Bible but themselves have never read it more than once (if that) in its entirety.
- Do you have a problem submitting to authority? The common thought is that when you are in charge (pastor, missionary, teacher), no one will question or correct you, but the truth of the matter is that a spiritual leader has God and his congregation to whom he is accountable.
Here to Serve,
General Director of Vision Baptist Missions