by Jon Gordon
– Their are some things that successful people do that unsuccessful people do not do. It is almost like there’s a pattern or process we can follow that successful businesses, families, teams and individuals do.
– Life is too short to be average.
– Work hard, work to be great.
– Do good on something is one thing, but be great is a lifestyle.
– The big picture-vision. The best know what they truly want, it is clear in their mind. For every person this clarity comes at a different time in life, but at some point they can see clearly what they want to achieve and begin working towards it.
– Don’t do anything halfway, find what you want to do or what you do well and then do it with all your heart.
– Too many people don’t want to be great because they’re not willing to grow, change or work at becoming better.
– Be a life long learner.
– Fear success, not failure. When many people attain success, they think they have arrived and never strive to grow anymore.
– The best recommit themselves every year to improving and becoming better.
– Past success does not assure you will have future success. – Everyone needs a coach that will help and push them to become greater.
– There’s no such thing as an overnight success.
– It is not how you perform on game day, it is how you prepare for game day.
– 5% of your life is performance on game day, but 95% of your life is preparing for game day.
– How you prepare is how you will perform.
– Success is not about the big things, it’s all about the little things you do.
– The best do ordinary things but better – they just keep practicing the little things over and over until they become better.
– Vision without execution is hallucination – Edison.
– You have to have the telescope view to see the big picture of what you want to accomplish, but you have to have the microscope to zoom in and execute.
– The best of the best do ordinary things with extraordinary focus and execution.
– The recipe for success is not that hard, it is the art of focusing and executing the recipe.
– No secret recipe rather zoomed focusing and commitment.
– Stop saying yes to all the trivial things and begin focusing and practicing the most important things.
– To be the best, you have to train your mind just as much, if not more, as you train your body.
– The best are mentally stronger.
– Stay positive and focused. You’ll have to stay mentally strong because you will receive negative input from both outside of you and inside of you.
– You have to be willing to pay the price if you’re going to learn, grow, and become better.
– The best overcome their fears.
– If you want to be the best, you have to be willing to dig deep and expose your fears.
– Sometimes you have to feel so isolated that you are willing to look within and look up. You might need to be in so much darkness before you realize you need the light.
– We do not live our lives based on what our life is rather on what our perception of life is.
– Playing it safe and not risking ourselves is nothing more than a recipe for disaster, not success.
– The best people make those around them better.