Name __________________________________ Country ____________________________
Date of Trip _____________________________
Cities Visited: _________________________________________________________________
What is available to rent? ______________________________________________________
What is the cost of an apartment? _____________ a house? ___________________________
What is the cost for utilities? Electricity? _______________ Water? _____________________________ Is the current 220 or 110?
Telephone? ____________________ Gas for house? ____________ Propane, Natural, Gas
bottles? What will set up cost be for the bottles etc.? ____________________
Food? What is available and unavailable?
Clothing: What is available and unavailable?
Medical: Where can you get good medical treatment? Name of the suggested clinic or hospital
Name of good doctors? __________________________________________________________
Medicines What is available and unavailable?
Water purification? _____________
Transportation? ________________Public Trains etc ____________Taxis _________________
What will it cost to get a car, truck or van __________________________________________
What would be the most appropriate vehicle __________________________________ ____
Cost and availability of parts________
Education of Children. Home School, Christian School, cost etc
Language School for parents. Cost etc. Child care?
Laundry and dry cleaning?
Set up expenses?
Cost of furniture
Rent and guarantee to be paid up front?
Type of contract to sign?
Cost of hotel or where to stay until you find a house etc.?
What will I need to take with me to the field from the states?
What do I do to get a visa?
How safe is it?
How will I get my money?
What about my personal library?
Goals For Survey Trip
- Get a greater burden for the people in country and the world.
- Meet with and talk to pastors and missionaries, especially nationals, who can help us learn what mistakes new missionaries make.
- Develop a strategy to reach that country with the gospel.
- Find a location to live and to start a church.
- Get pictures and video of the country to present in churches on deputation.
- Learn all we can about the country so that we can adequately prepare for our ministry there.
- Find out what things we will need to bring and what we can buy in your new country.
- Buy soveniors for display, for family, for friends.
Frequently Asked Questions for those preparing to be Missionaries
- What things should I take with me to to my country?
- What do I wait to buy in in my new country?
- What are the pros and cons of taking a container of my personal items to my new country?
- What about my visa and paper work?
- What kind of house can I expect to live in?
- What is shipping my goods to my new country going to cost?
- What kind of electric current will we have?
- Should I take a survey trip to my new country?
- Should I take a vehicle from the states or purchase one in my new country?
- What will it cost me to set up my house in my new country?
- How long will it be before I learn the language?
- What kind of grocery stores do they have or how do you buy your groceries?
- How do we prepare the food that we get at the market?
- What kind of food will we be eating?
- What is the weather like?
- How safe is it?
- Will my children be safe?
- Can we have a pet for our children?
- Can we take our dog with us?
- How long before I can start my own ministry?
- What kind of vehicle will we be able to buy in my new country?
- How will we be able to communicate with home?
- Who will my children play with?
- What activities will my children be able to participate in?
- How will we get our mail?
- What preparations can we make before leaving for the field?
- How are the medical facilities and medical care?
- What if I have to take medicine on a regular basis (i.e. insulin, etc.)?
- How will I get my money, banking, etc.?
- Where will my small children be while I am in language school?
- Will we get sick?
- How do we send our books (personal library) to my new country?
- What are the pros and cons of having a baby in my new country?
- Why do I need a will?
- What kind of services are available such as internet, cell phones, radios, etc.?