How to Slay the Dragon of Lust
by Chip Ingram
– Here are five bedrock facts about sexual purity:
1. You are not alone in your struggles.
2. There is hope for you today.
3. The problem is in our mind.
4. Ignorance will kill you. Just trying harder, or will-power, is not enough.
5. You will never make it on your own. Thinking you can do it yourself… you can’t. You need help, specifically God’s help.
– Temptation is not wrong, because they find us no matter where we are, but it becomes wrong when you move from the obvious temptation to fantasizing lustful thoughts.
– The goal of temptation is to destroy you.
– You cannot play with temptation and sexual thoughts because they will destroy you.
– The goal of temptation always casts doubt on God
– Does God really know best? Did God really said that?
– The best sex is sex within marriage bounds, that’s how God intended it to be.
– You are most susceptible when you think that it could not happen to you.
– Temptations are universal
– 1 Corinthians 10:13. We think we are the only one like that: if you understood my background. I have more testosterone than most people. I have a stronger sex drive. It’s the way women dress. Or other various excuses.
– Temptations are not bigger than God‘s faithfulness – 1 Corinthians 10:13. When I am faithless and cave-in, God is still faithful (2 Timothy 2:13).