How to Make People Like You in 90 Seconds or Less
By: Nicholas Boothman
- The average person’s span before judgement is only about 30 seconds.
- Three key elements to make people like you: your presence (how you look), your attitude and how you make people feel.
- When people like you, they see the best in you.
- When people like you, they feel natural and comfortable around you.
- Although a handshake only lasts a couple of seconds, you’ll send a strong and friendly message to the other person, if you will do it while looking in someone’s eyes and having a smile.
- Find a common interest — people talk to people that they like, so if you like or are interested in what they like and are interested in, they will like you.
- There must be a time when you stop talking and just listen.
- Conversation is a way to open another person up and see what is inside.
- Learn to ask open-ended questions, instead of questions that only require a yes or no.
- What people see is about three times more impactful than what they hear.
- When someone says, “I like you,” they’re really saying, “I am like you.”
- We must learn to connect with other people because life is better when other people are in your life.