You’re Not Listening
By Late Murphy
– Listening is fundamental to any relationship.
– Listening how we understand and comprehend.
– To not listen is to ignore and not learn from the world around you.
– People become lonely because they are not listened to.
– Listening is more of a mindset than it is a checklist of do’s and don’t’s.
– Hearing is not the same as listening. Listening is proactive.
– Listening is the way you keep up with someone as the pages in life continually
– It’s amazing what you can learn about someone when you are totally focused on
– It is hard to withhold or jump in and insert something when someone else is
talking, but by doing so you will be able to pull back the curtain and see in the
– If you jump in, advise, or try to fix the situation, you’re telling the other person
they are not smart enough to figure out a solution.
– Practical question should be asked, but those are not the only kind that should
– Good listeners are good questioners.
– You cannot have good relationships or narratives without listening to other
– Listening to a stranger is one of the most kind things you can do.
– We sometimes fear that if we listen too closely we will realize our thinking is
flawed, so we talk over each other and do not listen.
– Your view of someone changes when you take time to listen to them.
– You do not win people over or learn from them by arguing… but you do by
– Listening is a courtesy and sign of respect.
– You cannot tell someone you respect them, you must show them – and listening
is one of the best ways to do so.