The Shark and the Goldfish
by Jon Gordon
– Goldfish wait to be fed while sharks go out and find their food.
– Gold fish swim around in it’s little bowl waiting for food and listening to the music that is being played. Not much they can control outside of their own attitude (if fish could do such a thing).
– Adversity is not the end, it is just the beginning if you think it is. The best days could be ahead of you or behind you depending on what you think they are.
– There are many who want to focus on the impossible instead of the possible, on the negative instead of the positive.
– Your belief must be greater than all the negativity and doubt.
– Positive belief turns into positive action. Positive fish find more food.
– Learn to listen to all the negative voices but make positive choices.
– Both fear and faith believe in something that has not happened. Fear worries about what has not happened but faith believes and hopes in what has not happened.
– Expect success and you’ll find it.
– The only one who can limit yourself is you.
– There’s no substitute for hard work. You have to be positive, but it takes more than that – you have to work hard.
– Be more focused than others. Focus on what you want and throw out the distractions. Focus is not something that you’re born with, it is something that you can learn and grow better in.
– Don’t settle. If you work at becoming better each day, you will become one of the greatest in that area. Don’t settle for being average or just going on what you know.
– Learn from others and model their success.
– You won’t find food if you’re not looking for it.
– If you believe it is too late in life to find what you want, then it is.
– Be humble and be hungry.