The On-Time, On-Target Manager
By Ken Blanchard and Steve Gottry
- People often procrastinate because they do not have a clear picture of what is important.
- Procrastinators cause stress for both themselves and for others.
- Procrastination causes someone to wait until the last minute and then juggle things, not doing any of them well.
- Procrastination is one of the biggest reasons someone arrives to their destination late.
- Procrastination is almost always a bad concept of priorities.
- Do the right thing, at the right time, and in the right order.
- Do the right things for the right reasons and with the right people.
- Do the right things but in the right order.
- Be committed, but be committed to the right things. Procrastination is not being committed, or not being committed to the right things.
- On-time, on-target managers know how to say yes to the right things and no to the wrong things.