The Motivation Mastery
by Chris Widener
– The media, peer pressure, and everything around us is telling us what we should be. We must grow on the inside in order not to doubt so much.
– When we can accept who we are, we can do almost anything.
– About anything that you want in life is attainable with taking just a few steps.
– Grow who you are – don’t just try to be somebody else, decide to grow as who you already are.
– When you are comfortable in your own skin, you do not have to pretend to be something else.
– No one can do everything alone, you have to have help.
– You have to win in your mind first before you can go out and win elsewhere.
– If you’re not confident, you will become fearful.
– Fear is normal but you have to decide to focus and think about the right thing.
– Attitude will determine your success.
– Turn your fear into focus – remember why you were there and what your mission is.
– Your competitor today might be your ally tomorrow. – Near flawless execution is a result of all this preparation.
– People that are so passionate about things will overcome the fear and obstacles. You must be passionate about whatever you’re doing.
– W.I.N. — Work It Now – Don’t just make sales without making customers.
– The golden rule (doing unto others as you would want done to yourself) is super important, but there is another rule that is super valuable as well: the platinum rule – do to others as they would want you to do to them. This is adaptability, getting on their level and helping them that way.
– You are alive grow according to your curiosity and imagination.
– 1 idea + right contacts = unlimited results.
– First you have to have a dream, then you must have a team, then you will have multiple screams.
– Every seasoned player should have a rookie to help and every rookie should have a seasoned player to learn from.
– Practice doesn’t make perfect, practice makes permanent… So learn from it.
– Listen to the right people and get the right influence, not just any influence.
– One of the worst things that you can do is to believe the press about yourself.
– If you want to learn something, go listen, watch, or be with those that are doing it.
– Failure is an event not a person. So learn from failure.
– Failure is like fertilizer, you can use it to grow.
– Instead of talking the whole time, ask people questions.
– Most awesome deals are learnable: sales, financial, etc.
– All success are combinations, recipes and formulas.
– Successful people fail over and over again whereas unsuccessful people only fail once or twice before they quit.
Big 3 for success:
1. Take responsibility.
2. Write goals and make plans, working on them every day.
3. Develop yourself to lifelong learning.