Hudson Taylor, the great man of God and missionary statesman, lists the following as the missionary’s equipment:
From the book A Biblical Theology of Missions by Peters — page 297-298
- A life yielded to God, controlled by His Spirit.
- A restful trust in God for the supply of all needs.
- A sympathetic spirit and willingness to take a lowly place.
- Tact in dealing with men and adaptability toward circumstances.
- Zeal in service and steadfastness in discouragements.
- Love for communion with God and for the study of His Word.
- Some experience and blessing in the Lord’s work at home.
- A healthy body and a vigorous mind.