by Martin J. Dweck
– Why did some quit when others continue on? Why do some stop trying when others keep pushing forward?
– Grit trumps talent and intelligence.
– Perseverance is one of the closest traits linked to grit.
– Albert Einstein’s parents thought that he was mentally challenged, but he continued persevering.
– Perseverance is good, but it lacks passion.
– Resilience is another trait associated with grit. Resilience teaches you to get back up when you’re not down.
– Ambition is a another trait closely related to grit. It is energy and passion to keep you going.
– You have to just regard the opinion of many people or else you will stop or become discouraged.
– Don’t dwell on the past or future, live in the now.
– Avoid procrastination. Delaying your to do list will only result in discouragement.
– Be hopeful. Hope goes beyond a feel good emotion, it is leaning towards a better place and as a result working to obtain it.
– Change the way you think. If you think on being well, you will begin to subconsciously working differently.