52 Things Daughters Need From Their Dad’s
by Jay Payleitner
– Your daughter needs a perfect father that will love her, be with her and support her 24 hours a day for the rest of her life – that Father is our Heavenly Father. She needs to know God.
– A daughter needs alone time with her dad. The time alone with your daughter, will teach her many things. That time does not have to be extravagant, but it must be intentional.
– A daughter needs her dad to give her limits with her tight, short and immodest clothing.
– Have a daddy daughter date night and make it super special. Dress up and have fun.
– Don’t be afraid to act silly and make memories with your daughter(s).
– Think before you speak. Be cautious with the words and threats you make or use. Whoever screams first loses. – Ask her opinion on things and let her be a part of your life and you be a part of her life.
– A daughter needs her dad to let her know he’s proud of her.
– Be cautious and thoughtful with your jokes and smart comments – we live in a world where girls become anorexic and bulimic, think they are ugly, think about suicide and so much more. Affirm and reaffirm your love and acceptance of and for her.
– Make a big deal of her birthdays and special events.
– Going into your daughter’s room, knock first, and pray with her and for her.
– When your daughter asks you to do something, drop everything possible and be there for her.
– Your daughter needs to know that you would choose her over all the other children in the world.
– A daughter needs her dad to tell her that he is glad she is a girl – never let your daughter think that you wished she was born a boy.
– When life gives your daughter lemons, you as her dad need to help her make lemonade.
– You as dad are the best person to let your daughter know about the transformation that God did in your life.
– Be there for as many special moments in your daughters life, support her and her activities in life.
– Have a daddy daughter secret, whether snack, place to go to talk, favorite fishing spot or something unique and special between the two of you.
– Your daughter needs warnings from dad (about sex, bad guys, clothes, etc,)
– Ask your daughter specific questions and wait for her and listen to her.
– A daughter needs her dad to know how to let her go when that time comes.