The following was taken from Culture Shock: Dealing with Stress in Cross-Cultural Living by Myron Loss and thought it would be good to share.
- Set reasonable goals. Ps. 127:2
- Don’t take your job description too seriously – be people-oriented not task-oriented.
- Be committed to joy. Gal. 5:22 (Each day is a unique opportunity)
- Maintain good emotional health.
- Remember that you are human.
- Physical – exercise, diet
- Emotional – dependent on others
- Intellectual – variety of books
- Spiritual – love of God, study His characteristics (Lam. 3:21-26, 31-33)