I once heard this quote, “The true greatness of any church in not how many it seats but how many it sends!” A completely full church is encouraging, but how much more encouraging it is when a church sends out a missionary… one of it’s own. This brief article is to share with you a few ideas of what you can do to help, love and stand behind the missionary that your church sends out. The ideas come from what I have heard or seen while traveling. I hope they will be a blessing and help to you. Read More
How to greet the missionary By John Pearson
- Familiarize yourself with them:
- The family names: Use the prayer card if possible to learn all the family member’s names.
- Special dates: Be sensitive to any dates that fall this week, or close to this week and have them recognized.
- Read the missionaries last prayer letter and familiarize yourself with the events in their lives. Talk to them about the things going on.
- Familiarize yourselves with their country. (Google search for their country on the web) Just a few minutes will give you the info you need.
- Familiarize yourself with their recent prayer requests.
- Pass this information along to your family and train them to all greet the family.
- Prepare a personalized welcome for them.
- Be at the church early. The missionaries will arrive early to set up. Don’t come late.
- Dress like Sunday. Ties for men.
- Help them set up.